Monday 12 October 2015

Modelling sessions

Before: 




After: 



Check out the old version at this link then check out the new at this link - and don't forget to check out the instructions they are the same for both!

I know, it has been a while since the last post, but for a very good reason!

I have finally gotten around to replacing those old cubes - most of them anyway - with actual 3D models of things!


Yes, it could use a little (lot!) more work, like putting textures on etc. but it is at least a start.


I just need to do the spice rack, get rid of that damn big blue thing on the left (freezer, obvs) and the spice rack on the far wall. Oh, and I suppose that I should add a sink to the thing, then the scene part of the kitchen is pretty much set, at least as far as scenery goes.

Cooking area before... : 


...and after:


In terms of modelling I've two big jobs to do - get the player model sorted out and get some actual foods prepared for the table - the latter is a bigger job but I'm a *lot* more scared of doing the player... that's going to need animation and all sort of things that I'm just not ready to research yet! 
The knife - No reason, I'm just really pleased with this model! (Kitchenware companies interested in using my design please contact me at EpiphanyGameStudios@gmail.com haha)!)

I'll be getting on with the food then as the next stage - my aim is to practice on making a simple burger and a hot dog before moving on to get about five decent, wholesome, easily modelled meals out there. 

The idea at this stage is to make a set of models for each item - left is the bun which comes as "cut" and "uncut" - below. By modifying the base object with various tools, such as the knife above, the object will then transition into a different state (at this stage 

managed with booleans but I am looking into using bitflags at some stage, if the code becomes complex enough to warrant it); the 3D model to be used would then depend on which state that particular object was in at the time - here a standard bun or a cut bun. 

When I have a few recipes made up a pattern should emerge about how best to organise the models and I can start to reuse the pattern on future things.

Five though should be enough different recipes to start working on the other main section of the game - the commerce; actually buying and selling ingredients and food stuffs, and once that's done, the main bulk of the game's actual functions are pretty much done!



No comments:

Post a Comment